Out Side In Board of Directors
Are you looking to join a board where you can make a difference while helping serve people and save horses?
Out Side In is a nonprofit organization that uses rescued, thoroughbred racehorses to help people heal from emotional and mental health issues. Through equine-assisted psychotherapy as well as personal growth and learning programs, Out Side In serves disabled Veterans, families and children.
The Mission of Out Side In is to improve the quality of life for both people and horses by providing opportunities for them to build connections, confidence and character.
We will meet the needs of those we serve through our Equine Assisted Personal Growth and Learning Programs and the Thoroughbred Rehabilitation, Re-Training and Re-Purposing Program.
Each program will have a distinct purpose, yet they will not be mutually exclusive and when combined, will create a synergy making each more effective.
Out Side In’s Board Members will serve a two-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- The ability to listen, analyze, think clearly and creatively
- The willingness to work well with people and groups
- The willingness and ability to network with others in the community to promote the mission of Out Side In.
- Prepare for and attend board and committee meetings, ask questions, take responsibility and follow through on given assignments.
- Contribute personal expertise and services based on your knowledge and strengths.
- Contribute personal financial resources in a generous way according to circumstances.
- Open doors in the community.
- Evaluate oneself and develop areas of expertise.
- Actively engage in fundraising for Out Side In in whatever ways are best suited for your talents - these may include individual solicitation, undertaking special events, writing mail appeals, etc.
- Actively promote OSI and encourage and support its staff.
- Attend quarterly board meetings, be available for phone consultation and serve on at least one Out Side In committee.